Sunday, May 13, 2007

My First Mother's Day

Wow! You know, there are some things in life that you look forward to about being an adult and then when you finally get there, it's amazing...that's how I'm feeling about celebrating my first Mother's Day. I have the most amazing little boy who just makes my heart happy. I am so looking forward to a lifetime of Mother's Day celebrations with him. Okay, enough sappiness. Here's what I got for Mother's Day: a strainer (yep, a strainer), a ginormous picture frame from Bailey to put his picture in (that sounds like something my child would do..."here Mom! I bought you a beautiful picture frame so you can proudly display a HUGE picture of ME!"), and a really pretty necklace from my husband. I've taken to telling him what I expect of him so that he can feel good about knowing he got me something I wanted and that I'm not disappointed so he didn't miraculously read my mind and "just know" what I was expecting. I love my husband.

To all my friends reading this (that's you Mel, since I think you're the only one who reads my blog), Happy Mother's Day. Even if you're not a mom, you still have one. Call her. :)

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Happy Mother's Day, Mary. Scarry (for our children, that is) that we're moms but yeah for Bailey & Myah. What a couple of AWESOME little ones we have. If I would've known having kids was this great, I would've had them when I was a little younger...can I get an 'amen'?!

bigbro said...

Pretty funny stuff! Cute kid too, must take after one of his uncles. You'll be an fine mother. Your blogs are a hoot, keep it up!