Monday, May 14, 2007

Faye...

Until Bailey learns to talk and say funny things (it's my kid so God only knows what will come out of his mouth), we'll all have to suffice to be entertained by the crazy and hilarious things that my mom says.

This morning as I was preparing to leave for work, Mark was rocking Bailey trying to get him to go back to sleep (Bailey always wakes up happy, yaks at us for about an hour and then takes another nap-then he wakes up for real and eats...he's a little peculiar). I was trying to talk quietly to my mom, so as to not disturb Bailey, but the problem with Faye is that she's deaf as a doorknob. So I'm trying to whisper to her that there is a load of sheets that she can wash. She couldn't hear (I could tell by the blank look in her eye) so she follows me to the kitchen and says "WHAT??! I couldn't hear you!" I laughed and said "There is a load of sheets in the hallway! I thought you could read my lips so I wasn't talking loud." She goes "well, NO I couldn't read your lips, I don't have my glasses on!" :) Oh, Faye. What am I going to do with her?? What a hoot.

1 comment:

bigbro said...

No sight or hearing? Maybe you can get a braille clock or teach mark how to sign. Keep up the good work!