Friday, July 6, 2007

Our Nation's Capital...

...is SO freaking HOT! And I don't mean that in the Paris Hilton sense of the word! I mean it in a fat girl walking her backside down the street in Washington, D.C. sweating her brains out because it's 95 degrees with freaking THUNDERSTORMS. How do you spell "humidity"??!?!? UGH. Well, this is my second day here and nothing too crazy has happened. I think I'm the only white girl here but other than that. I did see the funniest thing today though...I was walking back to the Metro train (4 stories underground but I'll save that for another day) and I saw this family that were clearly not from around these parts. For one thing, they were white. For another, as I walked by, dad and brother were looking at separate maps and mom and dad were (literally) holding their arms out and pointing in opposite directions. Daughter was so pissed and annoyed with all of them, she just sat on the bench and sweated quietly while letting the other three argue about either where they were or where they wanted to be. Funniest dang thing. The funniest part was that even though you could tell they were arguing, they weren't yelling or cursing at each other. If you picked four of my family members at random (including the children), there would be much shouting and gesturing and certainly more cursing. We would still love each other at the end but if we got lost, boy there would be hell to pay. :)

Can't wait to see what funny thing happens tomorrow...stay tuned! :)

1 comment:

Melanie said...

All I can say is...I hear ya sista! DC is *so* not the place I'd want to be right now! But you have fun & share more "white girl" tales! Lord knows there will probably be many!
Mel