Tuesday, November 27, 2007

I *heart* hunting season!

Usually when I was a kid, deer hunting season opened on my birthday (December 15) so being the good rednecks we are, we went hunting. Even as a little girl, I can remember tromping through the snow scouting our next meal. My brothers probably remember it as them dragging or carrying me whining through the forest trying to shoosh me so I didn't scare off the deer but I'm sure I was quiet as a church mouse and if I spoke it was to help give them directions so we didn't get lost...yes, I'm quite sure that's how it went. :) Here's a great picture of my brother Marty and his boys (Josh-17 and Cody-10) with Marty's deer this year. Not bad for an old guy! Click here for Cody's best quote ever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sis,
You are too funny! Somehow, I don't remember you being so quite and, if memory serves me correctly, the only time I was lost was at the hands of a red headed guide! BEWARE OF THE RED HEADED GUIDE!! Hopefully, this will let me comment. Thanks for the kind words and guest appearence in "the blog". I clicked on Cody's famous quote and read the 'redneck camping trip' blog and was sitting hear laughing to myself; what a hoot! I'll have to send you pictures of Toby with his bounty. Love ya.