Thursday, April 12, 2007

Dumbest Thing...

I just did the dumbest thing I've done in quite some time. The best thing about it is that a) I'm now telling everyone else about it and b) that I was home by myself with no one to laugh with me. Okay, so here's what happened:

If you know me even a little bit, you know that I love to drink Diet Coke, it's definitely my favorite drink. Since I drink it so much, I buy it at Costco in the 32 pack. Well, if you've ever purchased the 32 pack of Diet Coke at Costco, you know that it comes shrink wrapped. Not usually a big deal except that today, I had something else (a Costco muffin, if you must know) in my other hand and I was trying to get the shrink wrap off a new case of Diet Coke. Since I only had one hand free, it was more difficult than normal to get the wrap off so I, being the resourceful moron that I am, look around my garage (which doubles as our "pantry") for the nearest tool to use to rip off the shrink wrap. Suddenly, my eyes land on a screwdriver--HARK! A sharp object! Some of you already know where this is going...for the rest of you that don't have experience with a sharp object and a beer-I mean, soda- can...you might be surprised when I tell you that when I stuck the screwdriver into the plastic wrap, I wasn't as accurate as I thought I was with my positioning of the screwdriver BETWEEN the soda cans. Keeping in mind that I had a muffin in one hand and I'm standing in my stocking feet in my garage, let's just say that when my screwdriver connected with the Diet Coke can, it was quite an explosion. So here I am, trying to find a place in the garage to set my muffin down while Diet Coke is spraying me, literally, from head to toe. I was laughing so hard at myself but then I suddenly quit laughing when I realized I had wasted a perfectly good Diet Coke. Crap.

2 comments:

Erika said...

omg....i can't even begin to tell you how hard i laughing right now, but since we tend to be cracking up everytime together, you understand. For the record, I saw it coming as soon as I read the word screwdriver...so proud!

Ian said...

HA! I love it!