Friday, April 17, 2009

Bedtime stalling 101

So tonight about a half an hour after I put Bailey to bed, I hear the loud "ffffwwwaaannnnggg!" that can only be the sound of the spring-loaded door stop...then fake crying. Finally, I go upstairs and this is how the conversation unfolds:

Mommy: Bailey, why are you crying?
Bailey (2 1/2): Put something in nose, Mommy.
Mommy: You put something in your nose?
Bailey: Yes. (He then proceeds to tip his head back and flare his nostrils to give me the best view)
Mommy (turns on light and continues to look in said nostrils): What did you put in your nose?
Bailey (thinks long and hard): Put piece of salad in nose, Mommy.
Mommy: You put a piece of salad in your nose?
Bailey (nodding proudly at my ability to understand): Yes!
Mommy: When?
Bailey (thinking): hmmm...
Mommy: At lunch time?
Bailey (again smiling proudly): Yes! (proceeds to sneeze three times in a row)
Mommy: Well, I don't see any salad coming out so I think you're okay.
Bailey: Okay, 'night Mommy.

I tucked him in, said goodnight and came downstairs and relayed the conversation to Grandma and Daddy. Grandma (who was with him all day) says "Well, he didn't even have salad for lunch today so I'm not sure where the piece of salad came from."

Creative little turkey...

1 comment:

Frankie Everett said...

Get it right Bailey... not salad, CEREAL! Much more believable! ;op